General Rules and Regulations
- The minimum age for the inside jogging track is 12 years.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for money lost in the vending machines. Refunds cannot be made.
- Please help keep our facility clean by placing all trash in the proper receptacles.
- Please observe the NO SMOKING signs.
Park Rules and Regulations
A park area should be a place of personal enjoyment and relaxation, a place for recreation. In order to fulfill the needs of many different people, policies and regulations are set to aid in controlling the use and conduct in the parks to best provide a quality experience for each visitor.
All park areas are covered by an ordinance designed to protect the park atmosphere. In essence, the same laws apply in a park as in any public place or roadway. But several regulations are stressed to cover general park usage:
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Obey speed limits
- Park in designed areas only
- Place all litter in trash containers
- Clean areas used and leave them orderly
- No firearms are permitted
- Fire may be built only in grills
- Pavilion may be reserved. Call park office at 978-0166
- Soccer, softball, baseball fields may be reserved by Vestavia teams. Please call 978-0168. All other use must be approved by the Park Office
- For information about tennis courts, please contact Boo Mason, tennis pro at 978-0375
- Golfing is not allowed on park property
- Obey posted closing times – for opening and closing times of the various city parks, please call the office of Parks and Recreation at 978-0166
These rules and regulations are designed to help you and your fellow citizens enjoy our city parks.
For information on rental of:
- Vestavian Room
- Pool (summer months only)
- Meeting Rooms
- Gym and Fields
- Dogwood Room
Call the Parks and Recreation office at 978-0166, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.