General Rules and Regulations
- The minimum age for the inside jogging track is 12 years.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for money lost in the vending machines. Refunds cannot be made.
- Please help keep our facility clean by placing all trash in the proper receptacles.
- Please observe the NO SMOKING signs.
Park Rules and Regulations
A park area should be a place of personal enjoyment and relaxation, a place for recreation. In order to fulfill the needs of many different people, policies and regulations are set to aid in controlling the use and conduct in the parks to best provide a quality experience for each visitor.
All park areas are covered by an ordinance designed to protect the park atmosphere. In essence, the same laws apply in a park as in any public place or roadway. But several regulations are stressed to cover general park usage:
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Obey speed limits
- Park in designed areas only
- Place all litter in trash containers
- Clean areas used and leave them orderly
- No firearms are permitted
- Fire may be built only in grills
- Pavilion may be reserved. Call park office at 978-0166
- Soccer, softball, baseball fields may be reserved by Vestavia teams. Please call 978-0168. All other use must be approved by the Park Office
- For information about tennis courts, please contact Boo Mason, tennis pro at 978-0375
- Golfing is not allowed on park property
- Obey posted closing times – for opening and closing times of the various city parks, please call the office of Parks and Recreation at 978-0166
These rules and regulations are designed to help you and your fellow citizens enjoy our city parks.
The rate for Tennis Membership is $35.00 per person per year. This fee is prorated if you join for less than one year. Please, call the Parks and Recreation office at 978-0166 if you plan to join for a period of less than 12 months. Non-resident fees are doubled.
All tennis memberships are valid from October 1 through September 30 of the following year.
Please, observe the following Tennis Court Regulations:
- Players can only reserve use of the courts during office hours. Court reservations must be made at least one day in advance.
- No one may reserve a court for anyone else
- Courts are available from dawn to midnight every day. When the office is closed the courts are available for usage on a first come – first serve basis. When others are waiting to play, please limit your playing time to one (1) hour.
- Guests of a member must pay a fee of $4.00 per person at the office.
- Any player without a membership may be asked to leave.
- When others are waiting for a court, doubles are preferable to singles.
- Do not lean on or pull on nets.
- Do not walk on or behind another person’s court when ball is in play.
- Children accompanying adults are not permitted inside the fence.
- Tennis shoes and shirts are required.
For information on rental of:
- Vestavian Room
- Pool (summer months only)
- Meeting Rooms
- Gym and Fields
- Dogwood Room
Call the Parks and Recreation office at 978-0166, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.